Per usual, Habersham is throwing a Market Street fest today, the first Friday of the month, but with July 4th just a few days off, this month's installation has a bit more bang than usual.
Beginning at 4 p.m., the event has an expanded farmer’s market with local and regional growers, along with arts, crafts, specialty food vendors, and live music until 9. Also offered are various kids' activities including a water feature to keep 'em cool.
And there'll be a watermelon-eating contest. Sign up from 4-5:30, competition begins at 5:30, $5 to enter.
This month's vendors include:
- The Cast Iron Chef – Galettes (rustic tarts with local ingredients), beignets, homemade ice cream
- Walnut Hill Acres – Eggs and blueberries
- Brant Family Farm – Blueberries, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, cucumbers, okra, pole beans, mixed flowers
- Wren’s Nest Farm – Specialty onions, peppers, potatoes
- FV Hustler – Bringing in the first local shrimp of the season
- Sweet Vivi’s – Homemade cookies and cupcakes
- BabyCakes – Homemade individual-sized cheesecakes with unique flavors
- Cup to Cup Coffee- Locally roasted coffees
- Lowcountry Produce – Homemade pies and cakes, and double-yoke eggs
- Jannie’s Breads – Pound cake, earthquake cake, and other sweet breads
- Otis Daise Produce – Wide assortment of produce
- Re-Wined Candles – Soy candles in recycled wine glasses
- Cecil & Clyde – Handmade textile housewares, accessories, clothing/hand-turned wooden bowls