Image by Flickr user anyjazz65Image by 20090819-beach.jpg
Good news people, CARTA's service to Folly Beach will resume on Saturday, August 22.
The service will be offered on Saturdays and Sundays through October 18, to help students and other community residents get to the beach during the warm early fall months.
And don't forget you College of Charleston students and employees ride for free.
Here is a bit more from the press release:
Buses will leave three times each day from three convenient downtown locations:
- Meeting/Mary Super Stop (downtown): 8:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Street/President Street (downtown): 8:08 a.m., 11:38 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
- Center Street/West Ashley (Folly Beach): 8:55 a.m., 12:25 p.m., 5:25 p.m.
The special weekend route will also include stops to key destinations on James Island:
- Folly Road/South Windemere
- Folly Road/Maybank Road
- Folly Road/Central Park Road
- Folly Road/South Grimball Road
Each trip is only $1.50 each way for regular passengers and free for College of Charleston students, faculty and staff (with college ID). Passes can be purchased at the Visitor’s Center downtown or on any CARTA bus.