Image by Flickr user pabear26
Here it is folk, the Valentine's Day weekend weekend round-up.
The Charleston City Paper has a nice breakdown of the biggest and best events happening around town this weekend that is surely worth the read. The biggies this weekend include, of course, SEWE, Valentine's Day specials, and plenty of theater that'll knock your socks off.
To add some more fun into the mix, we here at TheDigitel wanted to toss our top picks for the weekend ahead your way. Below is the a day by day listing of what we feel is worth a second glance.
- The South Carolina Stingrays are back in town and are hosting the Charlotte Checkers at 7 p.m.
- Head out to Kiawah Island's Freshfields Village for the Art Walk and Wine Tasting from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Party on Center Street at this Saturday's 'Folly Gras' Mardi Gras celebration.
- Tonight is the night that the Charleston Ballet Theatre will perform rare works by master of modern ballet, George Balanchine.
- Hey ladies who are ballers, Charleston Splash, the area's professional women's basketball team is holding open tryouts today.
- This "Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artists Tour" is hip swaggering it's way into the North Charleston Coliseum tonight, uh huh.
- Mellow Mushroom is hosting the F-Cupid Valentine's Day Party for all those singles who think Valentine's Day can go die.
- The Mill is hosting a throwback Valentine's Day sock hop that'll bring you back to the days of poodle skirts, pinup girls and good clean (psh, yeah right) fun.
That's not all that the weekend has in store, if you're looking for more, be sure to take a look at our complete event calendar. You'll find it right here.