Image by Flickr user tgifreytag
Alright rain, we get it, now go away so we can enjoy the weekend. There is plenty happening this Friday, Saturday and Sunday -- so get ready.
To kick start your weekend event search, be sure you check out the Charleston City Paper's round-up of the best events taking place December 18th through 20th. They've broken the events down into listen, look, and shop categories, but you know Charleston always has more to offer. Below are some addition events we here at TheDigitel don't want you missing out on.
- Weather permitting, and it isn't looking so permitting, Home Team BBQ is celebrating the past all weekend long with live music and great food at 'Bert's Bar Reunion.'
- Gorge yourself at the Charleston Crab House on James Island's snow crab eating contest. Challenge your gut by eating the most crab legs in just 30 minutes and you could win a 32-in TV.
- Today is the day that Sesame Burger opens in Citadel Mall...mmm.
- From 6 to 9 p.m. Alchemy Coffee presents new works from local painter Gale Ray. The evening will offer attendees a glimpse of how Alchemy Coffee and art go hand in hand, while also providing an opportunity to experience an educational artistic experience in a relaxed coffee shop atmosphere.
- Head out to Mellow Mushroom for the annual art show 'Presents from Punks.' There will be live music, great art, and all of the proceeds go directly toward buying toys and food for the Lowcountry's underprivileged children.
- The South Carolina Stingrays host the Charlotte Checkers on the ice at the North Charleston Coliseum at 7:05 p.m.
- Get your first live listen to some of the new material from a slew of local musicians who've joined together under Charleston's new music label: Shrimp Records.
- Head out to Folly Beach for the second attempt at their Christmas parade at 1 p.m.
- After rain forced the city to postpone last Sunday, the Summerville Christmas parade full of floats, fun and Christmas cheer is back with a vengeance.
- Jazz up your Sunday at The Pour House and take a listen to the Brazillian infused jazz courtesy of Clay Ross and The Gradual Lean. It is jazz at it's finest and is not to be missed.
You can always find more fun things to do on the weekend, or whenever, at TheDigitel's event calendar.