Image by Chrys Rynearson From Charleston's first Pecha Kucha event.
It's finally here!
No, I'm not talking about the next installment of Pecha Kucha Charleston (though that's in a week on Wednesday, November 10). No friends, I'm referring to how the Charleston branch finally has a proper Web presence!
View, and rejoice: http://charlestonparliament.com/category/pecha-kucha/
At any rate, yes, the periodic event of 10 or so creative and interesting personalities is on and admission will cost you $5. As per usual the location is undisclosed until 24 hours prior to the event. Doors are at 6 p.m., event starts at 7. Food will be by Roti Rolls.
As for speakers, here's locals on the batting list:
- Elizabeth Beak – Program Director for Sustainable Agriculture, Lowcountry Local First
- Patrick Emerson – Wine and beverage director, Maverick Southern Kitchens
- Gary Collins – Landscape Architect, Design Works
- Brian Wurst – Lead Design, LS3P Associates
- Marjory Wentworth – Author and South Carolina Poet Laureate
- Mary Edna Fraser – Artist
- Robert Lange – Painter, Robert Lange Studios
- John Pundt – Visual Artist
- With Nikki Hardin, Publisher of Skirt! Magazine as our Emcee for the evening.
- Musical stylings provided by DJ’s Michael Moran & Josh Silverman.
Learn more about what the heck a pa-cha-cka is and get your ticket here.
That's it for now. We'll be sure to follow back around when the fun poster art is done.