Caviar & Bananas is pleased to announce a fall wine dinner, Wednesday, December 8th.
We will be featuring a five course chef's tasting menu designed by Executive Chef Todd Mazure which will focus on local fall ingredients. Wines will be paired and presented by Leigh-Ann Beverly of Advintage Distributors.
First Course: (Amuse Trio)
- Foie Gras: Fig, Toasted Cashew, Pomegranate
- American Sturgeon Caviar: House Made Chip, Crème Fraiche, Micro Chive
- Buffalo Carpaccio: Manchego, Horseradish, E.V.O
Paired With: Avinyo Cava Brut Riserva, Penedes, Spain
- Roasted Baby Beets, Beet Greens, Watercress, Blood Orange, House Made Ricotta, Arbequina Olive Oil
Paired With: Inama Soave Classico 2009, Veneto, Italy
- Pan Seared Hawaiian Pomfret “Monchong”
- Spaghetti Squash Risotto, Chestnuts, Meyer Lemon, Vanilla Consommé, Fresh Black Truffles
Paired With: Ancien Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 2008, Sonoma Coast, California
- “North Carolina” Apple Cider Granita
- Roasted “Ashley Farms” Guinea Hen
- Lamb Sausage, Arugula, Lentil Cassoulet, Sour Cherry Reduction
Paired With: Alvaro Palacios "Petalos", Bierzo, Spain 2008
- Chef's Cheese Selection
- Assorted Housemade Truffles
Paired With: Reginato Rose of Sparkling Malbec 2009, Mendoza, Argentina
The price of the dinner is $70/ per person and includes five courses with five wine pairings. Reservations are required, so place call (843) 577-9997.
Caviar & Bananas is located at 51 George Street. The dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m.