Image by Still image by Flickr user eoshea
Update: Charleston Scene has put out a list of their 17 favorite outdoor dining spots in various parts of town -- it may not be comprehensive or have a map, but it has nice descriptions.
Main story: So you're looking for a spot to grab a meal and a scenic view in Charleston? Try this map and list out.
- Juanita Greenberg's Nacho Royale has a great covered and uncovered outdoor seating. They're at 439 King Street.
- Fleet Landing front
- Fleet Landing has a great spot on the water next to the Waterfront Park. They're at 186 Concord Street. (pictured to the right)
- The Blind Tiger is lacking in shad but makes up for it with it's courtyard located in the ruins of a burned down building. They're at 36 Broad Street.
- Monza also has a small, quaint patio in the back. They're at 451 King Street.
- Rue de Jean has a nice covered patio along a quaint alley. They're at 39 John Street.
- Kudu Coffee House has a great outside patio. They're at 4 Vanderhorst Street.
- The Mills House has a nice outdoor patio with fountain. They're at 115 Meeting Street.
- 82 Queen has an absolutely great courtyard, but the prices are a bit lofty. It's at, um, 82 Queen.
- The Charleston Grill has a great courtyard inside the Charleston Place -- again, a bit steep in price. They're at 224 King Street.
- And let's not forget Salty Mike's Deck Bar which has view that rivals Fleet Landing and has more of a bar feel. It's at 17 Lockwood (Yes, that's downside: You have to traverse Lockwood).
- Want more? Well here's a community-powered map of Charleston's outdoor dining spots.
Got comments or more spots? Let us know in the comments or add them to the map.