Names are flying in for to represent the 1st Congressional District.
On Monday word came that Gov. Nikki Haley had chosen Republican Tim Scott to fill Republican Senator Jim DeMint's seat, after DeMint announced he would depart.
That shuffling leaves the question of who will fill Scott's 1st Congressional District seat — regardless of who, a name will come in the special election to be held in 16 weeks (primaries wil be in 11 weeks).
A number of politician have already announced their interest:
- S.C. Sen. Larry Grooms, R-Charleston,
- Beaufort County Democratic Party chairman Blaine Lotz,
- S.C. Rep. Jim Merrill, R-Berkeley
- S.C. Rep. Andy Patrick, R-Hilton Head Island,
- S.C. Rep. Leon Stavrinakis, D-Charleston,
We'll keep you posted as the political wheels turn.