The Open Community of TheDigitel Myrtle Beach is one of the most powerful aspects of our approach to sharing news and information.
The more we can educate the public on how the Open Community can work for them as much as it does for us, the closer we can become to being the true source of the best Myrtle Beach online content. I have personally been very surprised at just how many contributors we've have in our first week of being live to the public...
- Becky Billingsley's profile speaks for itself. We just can't get enough of her great local restaurant information and photos.
- Melissa Lucas stepped up and wrote an amazing piece on the North Myrtle Beach Farmer's Market.
- Brian L. Richardson reported back on the Horry Electric Cooperative annual meeting.
- Cathy DeSimone gave us a behind the scenes peek of an AAST production.
- Mirela Monte submitted some compelling Real Estate stories.
- Unsung heroes Jeremy Rollison and David Palomares kept our English teachers happy.
In addition to these guys, there were another six or so contributors that have helped on the site in the past week. Which is truly impressive considering it was our first week live to the public. Our sincerest thanks to all of you and we hope to see more!
All you have to do is create your account, log in, and start writing. You don't have to be a "web guy" or a professional writer. It doesn't have to be a huge, breaking story. It just has to be a good Myrtle Beach story. If you've just got a link and a sentence, submit it! Our editors and the other Open Community members take care of enhancing it into something more.
Don't forget: If you're logged in, you can edit any published story by clicking the "Edit" button at the top of the page. You can fix typos, add updates, or more information.