Image by Flickr user Brandy Shaul
Charleston is big on the Halloween spirit and we're sure you are too. That's why we're sharing with you the biggest and best Halloween activities and events that the Lowcountry has to offer.
- Boone Hall Plantation's 'Fright Nights,' touted as South Carolina's largest multi-attraction haunted event is open seven days a week and features four creepy attractions: Bloodstone Manor, Fright Stalkers Corn Field, The Body Farm Haunted Hayride and the Psycho Clowns Side Show
- The South Carolina Aquarium is celebrating Halloween with the month-long Scary'um Aquarium promotion that'll be sure to entertain the entire family.
- Join O-Ku, the King Street restaurant recently named as one of Esquire Magazine's Best New Restaurants of 2010 for their first-ever Halloween costume party on October 30th
- Mourning the loss of Vickery’s legendary Halloween party, Taco Boy downtown has announced they'll be throwing a big bash in their honor on October 30th.
- The Three Lions Club at Blackbaud Stadium will be hosting the Daniel Island HallowScream Party on Friday, October 29th from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- On October 30th, both the West Ashley and Sullivan's Island restaurants will be hosting Halloween Saturday Gameday. For a special treat, head to the West Ashley location for an all you can eat, all afternoon oyster roast.
- Have a howling good time on Saturday night at the Costumes on the Cooper Halloween celebration on the Mount Pleasant Pier.
- To show off their Halloween spirit, the communities of Cannonborough and Elliotborough are hosting a Halloween Pedestrian Parade and Fair on Saturday, October 30th, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- For three nights at the end of this month, Theatre Marvelosa will debut their latest goth rock opera, "Dead of the Night" at Eye Level Art.
- The Charleston Ballet Theatre will be putting on performances of the cult classic 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' on October 22, 23, 29 and 30 -- just in time for Halloween.
- A Pretty Lights Halloween performance is becoming a sort of tradition here in Charleston, so it is no surprise that this Saturday, Derek Smith will be bringing his badass electronic beats to the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina's Lookout Pavillion.
For even more Halloween-themed events, hop over to the Charleston City Paper's Halloween Weekend Round-Up, Charleston's Scene's list of Halloween events or check out our events calendar for the weekend. As always, if you've something you'd like to contribute to our list, post your event below in the comments section!