Why should I take Website Basics 101?
We will provide you with a strong foundation to build your skills and create your own website. Whether you want to develop a Web presence for your business or find a new career in Web design, this course will get you started!
What will I learn?
This entry-level course teaches students essential skills in HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
What can I expect?
Each 2.5 hour session is a mixture of Lecture and hands-on Exercises to best teach you the fundamentals of Web design. Hands-on practice is essential to understand and fully grasp the concepts presented. The class is limited to 14 students.
- Class 1: Lecture: The Basics: How does the Web work?
- Exercises: Code Web pages using HTML
- Class 2: Lecture: Introducing CSS: How does CSS work?
- Exercises: Styling fonts and texts
- Class 3: Lecture: Basic Page Layout: Intro to Basic Page Layout
- Exercises: Working with images and graphics
- Class 4: Lecture: Preparing Page Layout & Graphics for the Web: Using Images and Graphics
- Exercises: Positioning and floating graphics
Are there any prereqs?
While some knowledge of Web development is helpful, as a long as you have the basic knowledge of how to use a computer and the desire to rapidly learn about Web development, you qualify for this course.