The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division is collecting backpacks and other school supplies for donation to students throughout the Lowcountry, in conjunction with the Charleston First Day Festival. Supplies are being collected through Wednesday, Aug. 14, and will be donated at the festival on Aug. 18. Supplies are also being collected in Aiken, Bamberg, Barnwell, Columbia, Greenville and Rock Hill.
Examples of items needed include new backpacks, spiral bound notebooks, loose leaf paper, composition notebooks, binders, pocket folders, scissors, rulers, compasses, protractors, dividers, mechanical pencils, #2 pencils, highlighters, dry erase markers, crayons, 3x5 index cards, Post-It notes, book covers, dictionaries and large boxes of Kleenex. Supplies can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
· Anastopoulo Law Firm—2557 Ashley Phosphate Rd., N. Charleston 29418
· Bennett Law Firm—125 W. Main St., Ste. A, Moncks Corner 29461
· The Citadel—Human Resources, 171 Moultrie St., Charleston 29409
· David Aylor Law Office—24 Broad St., Charleston 29401
· Dyllan Rankin Law Office—55 Broad St., Ste. 100, Charleston 29401
· George Sink, PA, Injury Lawyers—7011 Rivers Ave., Ste. 105, N. Charleston 29406
· Nelson Mullins—151 Meeting St., Ste., 600, Charleston 29401
· Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein—200 Meeting St., Charleston 29401
· Rosen, Rosen & Hagood—151 Meeting St., Ste. 400, Charleston, 29401
· Trask & Howell, LLC—763 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. Mt. Pleasant 29464
· Young Clement Rivers—25 Calhoun St., Ste. 400, Charleston 29401
The First Day Festival is a celebration of education designed to generate widespread community support for schools and excitement about the beginning of another school year. Visit www.charleston-sc.gov for more information.
The YLD includes all members of the S.C. Bar under age 36 and those with less than five years membership.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,500 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.