Flickr user J_Sturg
Herschell-Spillman Carousel - Pavilion Nostalgia Park
Update 8/31: More events will be added to the bottom of the current list. If we missed some Labor Day Weekend fun, make sure to add some below in the comments section.
First Report 8/30: There are a lot of events going on along the Grand Strand for the 2011 Labor Day Weekend and we've decided to throw all the upcoming events into one post.
We have already reported on the First Annual Myrtle Beach, Beach Brawl Wrestling Tournament and The Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival is this Labor Day weekend. But events for this weekend are popping up left and right.
Here's a rundown:
- Bourbon St Underground-Labor of Love edition -Starting Friday night at 9pm this special edition of BSU features the Soul Beat Boutique crew and two guests that will be bringing the heat to the end of summer celebration that is Labor Day Weekend. We also reported on these special Bourbon Street events last month which you can read HERE. We also posted a story on this Friday's Labor of Love edition HERE.
- Hip-Hop All-Stars Vol. 1 -Also Friday, September 2nd, our friends over at ListenUpMB.com is helping to throw this hip-hop event, showcasing some of the areas best local talents. One of those performers are Two of a Kind, they posted a whole list of their upcoming September shows via the Open Community which can be read HERE.
- Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival - We listed this one above but there is quite a bit of buzz with this one ListenUpMB has two great write-ups about this event that can be found HERE and HERE. Really, what more can you want in a Labor Day Weekend event? Music, dancing, BBQ and the beach!
- Broadway at the Beach Labor Day Extravaganza - Myrtle Beach on the Cheap always catches the best free or cheap things to do around Myrtle Beach and this find is no different. Happening all weekend long, starting Friday the weekend gets kicked off with some comic-juggling from the Bryan Dangerous Comedy Show, followed by DJ Alex A at Celebrity Square, with some Live Music by JAH Creation Reggae Band at Wet Willies and rounding out Friday night is some live music by Long Drive at Hard Rock Cafe. Head to Myrtle Beach on the Cheap for Friday nights start times and the rest of the weekends events at Broadway.
- Labor Day Weekend Fireworks Display - On Saturday, September 3rd Barefoot Landing will be saying goodbye to Summer 2011 with their last fireworks display of the season. Fireworks are set to start exploding at 10:00pm. Head on over to Barefoot Landing's site to check out their full list of events for the month of September.
- End of Summer Celebration - The town of Surfside will be celebrating the end of summer on Sunday, September 4th. Starting at 5:00pm the End of Summer Celebration will offer concessions and live music from Tru Sol. Make sure to bring a lawn chair when you head down to the Surfside pier.
- Weekend with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans - Enjoy America's past time all weekend long at BB&T Field. Saturday, September 3rd at 7:05pm root for the home team as they take on The High A Red Sox. Also that night be one of the first 1,000 fans and get a Splash bobble head. Sunday the 4th enjoy some post game fireworks. And on Monday, September 5th at 6:05 kids eat free and watch more post game fireworks! Who knows, you might just run into some celebrities at this weekends games.
- How about a Road Trip? Charleston's 3rd Annual Low Country Jazz Festival -Kicking off this Friday, September 2nd at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center. Hop on over to our sister site down in Charleston for all the details.