TheDigitel MYR
Combustibles near space heater caused clothing store fire in North Myrtle Beach

via The Sun News:

Combustible items located too close to a space heater caused a fire at a store at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, said city spokesman Pat Dowling.

A fire damaged $75,000 worth of structure and damage at the Tango Bay store Jan. 4.

The tenant had experienced problems with the store’s heating system and used space heaters while waiting for the system to be repaired, Dowling said.

Filed in